URS-AsiaOne has been consistently highlighting the real people behind the world’s growth engines: People who work on the base, who create that platform which the rest of the world uses to build their structures – business, social and political. They are primus inter pares: other leaders look up to them for guidance and inspiration.
AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year 2019-20 (Trademarked)
Under AsiaOne’s Intellectual Property Right (IPR) – AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year (GAOY), we feature those who are exclusive, exceptional and extraordinary. The level of grandeur at GAOY is unparalleled. It emblazons only the supreme in the real sense.
This is in addition to our World’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, Asia’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, and India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders IPRs!
AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year is a prestigious annual nomination & selection of the most prominent personalities from the Asian continent. It is entirely made of those who have really made an indelible mark for other leaders to follow and generations to admire. Only par excellence leaders from across Asia are worthy of being nominated & selected as AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year 2019-20, and in the past only the following 8 exclusive “AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year” have been felicitated at the “Indo-Singapore Business & Social Forum 2019 (21st January 2019 at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore)” for their special work in the industry and society:
- Mr. Muhammed Aziz Khan, Founder & Chairman, Summit Corporation Limited
- Mr. Manwar Hossain, Group Managing Director, Anwar Group of Industries
- Mr. Deepak Ohri, CEO, Lebua Hotels & Resorts
- Engr. Md. Mehedi Hasan, Group Chairman, Omicon Group
- Dr. Hema Divakar, Chairperson, Divakars Specialty Hospital
- Mr. Radhakrishnan Chidambaram, Chairman, Buy Happy Marketing LLP & VIP Hair Color Shampoo
- Dr. D. Vijay Krisshna, Founder & MD, Kolors Healthcare Group
- Ms. Anusha Ravi, CEO, Park Group of Institutions
Now, for the Fourth Edition, we are nominating & selecting “AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year 2019-20” in the following 10 categories:
- Global Asian of the Year – Political Leadership
- Global Asian of the Year – Business Leadership
- Global Asian of the Year – Community Leadership
- Global Asian of the Year – Technology
- Global Asian of the Year – Sports/Cinema
- Global Asian of the Year – Global Leadership
- Global Asian of the Year – Education
- Global Asian of the Year – Healthcare
- Global Asian of the Year – Start-ups
- Global Asian of the Year – Editor’s Choice
Of these, Education, Healthcare and Start-ups are flexible categories, which may be changed every year.
How GAOY 2019-20 are Nominated?
Leaders who have made the most impact in a year, and consequently have made the world a better place in the aftermath, are nominated as Global Asians of the year. They may also have made a similar impact within a region of their activities in their specific category.
Thus, AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year is nominated annually and might be a newsmaker or generally highly admirable because of their highly innovative ideas, excellent business, political, or administrative acumen, or extraordinary contributions to the society – leaving an indelible mark in the process.
The list of nominated AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year is painstakingly created after months of intense research conducted by our research team with active help from our editorial team.
The Final Selection
The final selections are made on the basis of the following:
1. We have introduced an online poll for reader’s/people’s choice, and a certain weightage is given to their scores.
2. We send the “List of Nominated AsiaOne Global Asian of the Year” to our top ten “India’s Greatest Leaders 2018-19 – Forth Edition” held on 16th Sep 2019 at Taj Lands End Mumbai and top ten “World’s Greatest Leaders 2018-19 held on 1st May 2019 at J W Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai for their advice on the selection. The advice of these eminent personalities is peremptory.
3. After taking into account the scores of readers, and advice of top ten India’s Greatest Leaders and top ten World’s Greatest Leaders, the final selection is made by the Chief Editor of AsiaOne.