URS-AsiaOne has been consistently highlighting the real people behind India’s and the world’s growth engines: People who work on the base, who create that platform which the rest of the country or the world uses to build their structures – business, social and political. They are primus inter pares: other leaders look up to them for guidance and inspiration.
AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year 2016–17 (Trademarked)
Under AsiaOne’s Intellectual Property Right (IPR) – AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year (AGOY), we feature those who are exclusive, exceptional and extraordinary. The level of grandeur at AGOY is unparalleled. It emblazons only the supreme in the real sense.
This is in addition to our World’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, Asia’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, and India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders IPRs!
AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year is a prestigious annual selection of the most prominent personalities globally. It is entirely made of those who have really made an indelible mark for other leaders to follow and generations to admire. Only par excellence leaders from across the world are worthy of being selected as AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year 2016–17, and in the past only the following 9 exclusive “AsiaOne Global Indian of The Year” have been felicitated at the “Celebrating 69, Pride of the Nation Series Awards & Business Summit 2015–16 & India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2015–16 – Process Reviewers: PricewaterhouseCoopers P.L. (3rd September 2016 at Taj Lands End Hotel, Mumbai)” for their special work in the industry and society:
- Shri Narendra Modi – Prime Minister of India
- Ms. Nita Ambani – Chairperson Reliance Foundation
- Mr. Gautam Singhania – Chairman and Managing Director of Raymond Group
- Mr. Satya Nadella – CEO Microsoft
- Mr. Amartya Sen – Indian Economist and Philosopher
- Mr. C P Gurnani – Managing Director & CEO of Tech Mahindra
- Mr. Arun Agarwal – CEO, Nextt
- Mr. Rana Kapoor – Managing Director & CEO of Yes Bank
- Ms. Indira Nooyi – CEO PepsiCo
- Mrs. Sudha Gupta – Chairperson, Mother’s Pride
Now, for the Second Edition, our elite list of confirmed personalities for 2017 consists of:
- Shri Narendra Modi – Political Leadership
- Mr. Adi Godrej – Godrej Industries – Business Leadership
- Mr. Anil Agarwal – Vedanta Group – Global Leadership – Natural Resources Category
- Mr. Srichand & Gopichand Hinduja – Global Leadership – Diversified Industries
The various categories for AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year 2016–17 are as follows:
Political Leadership; Economy Leadership; Business Leadership; Technology Leadership; Global Leadership; Entrepreneur Leadership; Emergent Leadership; Education Leadership; Community Leadership; Healthcare Leadership; Start-ups Leadership; Editor’s Choice
Of these, Education, Healthcare and Start-ups are flexible categories, which may be changed every year.
How AGOY 2016-17 will be Chosen?
Leaders who have made the most impact in a year, and consequently have made the world a better place in the aftermath, are selected as global Indians of the year. They may also have made a similar impact within a region of their activities in their specific category.
Thus, AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year is selected annually and might be a newsmaker or generally highly admirable because of their highly innovative ideas, excellent business, political, or administrative acumen, or extraordinary contributions to the society – leaving an indelible mark in the process.
We had introduced an online poll for reader’s/people’s choice, and a certain weightage on that basis and the peremptory advise of top ten “India’s Greatest Leaders 2015-16 – Second Edition – Process Reviewers PricewaterhouseCoopers P.L.” held on 3rd Sept 2016 at Taj Lands End Mumbai and “Asia’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2016-17 – Process Reviewers PricewaterhouseCoopers PL” held on 24th Jan 2017 Marina Bay Sands Singapore will be taken into account. However, the final decision rests with the Editor of AsiaOne.
What AGOY 2016–17 Award Offers You?
- Print Editorial Feature: Four full-page exclusive cover feature in the next issue of AsiaOne magazine as Global Indian of the Year 2016-17 – as Cover Story & Cover Picture
- Online Digital Feature: Full article coverage on www.theindiasgreatestbrands.com, www.asiaone.co.in and www.asiaone.me
- Felicitation: Felicitation as Global Indian of the Year 2016-17 at the “Celebrating 70 – Pride of the Nation Series Awards & Business Summit 2017” as the top ten most prestigious awards
- Full-page Advertisements: Four full-page advertisements of your Brand/Company in the next four issues of AsiaOne
- Speaker’s Slot: You would be an eminent speaker at the Celebrating 70 – Pride of the Nation Series Awards & Business Summit 12th Sept 2017 Taj Lands End Hotel, Mumbai
- Exclusive One-minute Video Broadcast: An exclusive one-minute video to be broadcast on AsiaOne Android & iPhone App with repetition for one month