URS-AsiaOne has been consistently highlighting the real people behind the world’s growth engines: People who work on the base, who create that platform which the rest of the world uses to build their structures – business, social and political. They are primus inter pares: other leaders look up to them for guidance and inspiration.
AsiaOne Person of the Year 2019-20 (Trademarked)
Under AsiaOne’s Intellectual Property Right (IPR) – AsiaOne Person of the Year (POY), we feature those who are exclusive, exceptional and extraordinary. The level of grandeur at POY is unparalleled. It emblazons only the supreme in the real sense.
This is in addition to our World’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, Asia’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, and India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders IPRs!
AsiaOne Global Person of the Year is a prestigious annual nomination & selection of the most prominent personalities from the Asian continent. It is entirely made of those who have really made an indelible mark for other leaders to follow and generations to admire. Only par excellence leaders from across Asia & GCC are worthy of being nominated & selected as AsiaOne Person of the Year 2019-20, and in the past only the following 10 exclusive “AsiaOne Global Person of the Year” have been felicitated at the “Indo-UAE Business & Social Forum 2018-19 (1st May 2019 at J W Marriott Marquis Hotel, Dubai)” for their special work in the industry and society:
• Mr. Ahmed Akbar Sobhan, Chairman, Bashundhara Group
• Dr. GSK Velu, Chairman & Managing Director, Trivitron Healthcare Group & Neuberg Diagnostics
• Dr. P Shyama Raju, Chancellor, REVA University
• Dr. Hema Divakar, Chairperson, Divakar Specialty Hospital
• Mr. Mir Nasir Ali Khan, Managing Director, MAK Projects
• Dr. Satyajit Kumar Singh, Managing Director, Ruban Memorial Hospital
• Mr. Ashish Shah, Chief Managing Director, Shree Balaji Group
• Ms. Sohani Hossain, Managing Director, Universal Group
• Mr. Asfar Khair, Executive Chairman, Bengal Communications Ltd.
Now, for the Sixth Edition, we are nominating & selecting “AsiaOne Person of the Year 2019-20” in the following 10 categories:
• Person of the Year – Political Leadership
• Person of the Year – Business Leadership
• Person of the Year – Community Leadership
• Person of the Year – Technology
• Person of the Year – Sports/Cinema
• Person of the Year – Global Leadership
• Person of the Year – Education
• Person of the Year – Healthcare
• Person of the Year – Start-ups
• Person of the Year – Editor’s Choice
Of these, Education, Healthcare and Start-ups are flexible categories, which may be changed every year.
How POY 2019-20 are Nominated?
Leaders who have made the most impact in a year, and consequently have made the world a better place in the aftermath, are nominated as Person of the Year. They may also have made a similar impact within a region of their activities in their specific category.
Thus, AsiaOne Person of the Year is nominated annually and might be a newsmaker or generally highly admirable because of their highly innovative ideas, excellent business, political, or administrative acumen, or extraordinary contributions to the society – leaving an indelible mark in the process.
The list of nominated AsiaOne Person of the Year is painstakingly created after months of intense research conducted by our research team with active help from our editorial team.
The Final Selection
The final selections are made on the basis of the following:
1. We have introduced an online poll for reader’s/people’s choice, and a certain weightage is given to their scores.
2. We send the “List of Nominated AsiaOne Person of the Year” to our top ten “Asia’s Greatest Leaders 2019-20 – Forth Edition” held on 7th Feb 2020 at Marriott Marquis Hotel Bangkok and top ten “India’s Greatest Leaders 2018-19 held on 16th Sep 2019 at Taj Lands End Hotel Mumbai for their advice on the selection. The advice of these eminent personalities is peremptory.
3. After taking into account the scores of readers, and advice of top ten Asia’s Greatest Leaders and top ten India’s Greatest Leaders, the final selection is made by the Editor of AsiaOne.