AsiaOne Magazine has been consistently highlighting the real people behind the world’s growth engines: People who work on the base, who create that platform which the rest of the world uses to build their structures – business, social and political. They are primus inter pares: other leaders look up to them for guidance and inspiration.
AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year 2018-19 (Trademarked)
Under AsiaOne’s Intellectual Property Right (IPR) – AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year (AGOY), we feature those who are exclusive, exceptional and extraordinary. The level of grandeur at AGOY is unparalleled. It emblazons only the supreme in the real sense.
This is in addition to our World’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, Asia’s Greatest Brands & Leaders, and India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders IPRs!
AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year is a prestigious annual selection of the most prominent Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) all over the world. It is entirely made of those who have really made an indelible mark for other leaders to follow and generations to admire. Only par excellence leaders from across the world are worthy of being selected as AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year 2018-19, and in the past only the following exclusive “AsiaOne Global Indians of The Year” have been felicitated at the “India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2015–16 (3rd September 2016 at Taj Lands End Hotel, Mumbai)”, at the “India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2016–17 (9th October 2017 at Taj Lands End Hotel, Mumbai)” and “India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2017–18 (10th September 2018 at Taj Lands End Hotel, Mumbai)” for their special work in the industry and society:
- Gautam Singhania, Chairman and Managing Director of Raymond Group
- Sudha Gupta, Chairperson, Mother’s Pride
- C P Gurnani, Managing Director & CEO of Tech Mahindra
- Rana Kapoor, Managing Director & CEO of Yes Bank
- Arun Agarwal – CEO, Nextt
- Nita Ambani, Chairperson Reliance Foundation
- Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft
- Amartya Sen, Indian economist and philosopher
- Indira Nooyi, CEO PepsiCo
- Tapan Singhel, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Khushru Jijina, Managing Director – Piramal Finance & MD Piramal Housing Finance
- Rohit Kochhar, Chairman, Kochhar & Company
- Archana Dhawan Bajaj, Director – The Nurture IVF
- Satya Vadlamani, Chairperson & Managing Director, Murli Krishna Pharma Pvt. Ltd.
- K R Raghunath, CEO – KIS Group
- Shri V K Modi, Chairman – Dayawati Modi Academy
- Raghavan Seetharaman, CEO – Doha Bank
- Satyajit Singh, Managing Director – Ruban Memorial Hospital
- Vineet Jain, Managing Director, Bennett Coleman & Co. Ltd
- Karan Bhagat, Founder, Managing Director and CEO, IIFL Wealth
- Adnan Chilwan, Group Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Islamic Bank
- P. Singh, Founder Manager, Lucknow Public School
- Major Manjit Rajain, Executive Chairman, Tenon Group of Companies
- Jadavjibhai Anchorwala, Chairman, GreatWhite Global
- Ameet Mehta, Managing Partner, Solicis Lex
- Bijay Agarwal, Managing Director, Salarpuria Sattva Group
- Kamal Poddar, Managing Director, Choice International Limited
- K Srinivas Reddy, Founder and Managing Director, Shathabdhi Townships
- Anoop Kumar Mittal, Charman-cum-Managing Director, NBCC
Now, for the Fourth Edition, we are choosing “AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year 2018-19” in the following 10 categories:
- Global Indian of the Year – Political Leadership
- Person of the Year – Business Leadership
- Person of the Year – Community Leadership
- Person of the Year – Technology
- Person of the Year – Sports/Cinema
- Person of the Year – Global Leadership
- Person of the Year – Education
- Person of the Year – Healthcare
- Person of the Year – Start-ups
- Person of the Year – Editor’s Choice
Of these, Education, Healthcare and Start-ups are flexible categories, which may be changed every year.
How AGOY 2018-19 will be Chosen?
Leaders who have made the most impact in a year, and consequently have made the world a better place in the aftermath, are selected as Global Indians of the Year. They may also have made a similar impact within a region of their activities in their specific category.
Thus, AsiaOne Global Indian of the Year is selected annually and might be a newsmaker or generally highly admirable because of their highly innovative ideas, excellent business, political, or administrative acumen, or extraordinary contributions to the society – leaving an indelible mark in the process.
We may later introduce an online poll for reader’s/people’s choice, and a certain weightage during selection may be calculated on that basis. However, the final decision rests with the Chief Editor of AsiaOne.
What AGOY 2018-19 Award Offers You?
- Editorial Feature: Four pages of exclusive feature in the next issue of AsiaOne magazine
- Online Coverage: Features on our websites: asiaone.co.in/me, www.theindiasgreatestbrands.com and www.indo-uae-congress.com
- Full-page Advertisement: Six full-page advertisements of your brand in any of the next six issues of AsiaOne magazine
- Speaker’s Slot: You would be an eminent speaker at India’s Greatest Brands & Leaders 2018–19
- Exclusive One-minute Video Broadcast: An exclusive one-minute video to be broadcast on AsiaOne Android & iPhone App with repetition for one month